WHAT NAMI MID CENTRAL DOES
- NAMI brings the need of persons with mental illness and their families to the attention of legislators, service providers, medical staff, and the general public.
- NAMI protects the rights of persons living with mental illness.
- NAMI presses for added community support services.
- The NAMI Support Group model is designed to furnish the fundamental structures and group processes which will enable facilitators to run meetings which are both empathetic and upbeat.
- NAMI Connection Recovery Support Program is a peer-based mutual support group program for individuals facing the challenges of recovering from any serious mental illness.
- NAMI provides training and educational materials for families, persons with mental illness and professionals.
- NAMI offers an annual educational conference.
- Family-to-Family education
- Basics education
- Peer-to-Peer mentoring
- In Our Own Voice presentations
- Ending the Silence presentations
- Provider Education
Note* Some programs might not be currently available in your county.